Monday, September 19, 2011

A Wee Update

Well!

I am happy to report, that within a day of my bike having a fantastic meltdown and breaking forever, and my subsequent purchase of a new bike, I needed to use my spare bike. So it was good I decided to always have two bikes. Mary's tire, which was fixed (for the disgustingly high price of 30 euro) went flat again on Sunday. So for the past two days (because, of course, the bike shop was closed on Sunday AND Monday) she has been using my spare bike. See? So glad I bought the second one.

Also, it must be said, my new purple bike is wonderful. Smooth, fast, sleek, and it does not make any nasty squeaky noises. Though, I suppose, if you get a bungee cord wrapped around your back wheel, because you forgot to pick the bungee cord up, maybe you shouldn't complain about squeaky wheels...

Sunday (after Mary furiously told us about her tire going flat AGAIN) Mary, Clemens and I went to dinner at a little Belgian pub. Clemens and I got beef in a beer-based stew, and it was soooo good. I washed this delightful dinner down with a beer called...wait for it...Lupulus. Yes! I know. So, naturally, I took pictures.

It was a strong, white beer. So, in other words, it was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. Just like me! A true namesake.

I also biked to Theehuis Rhijnauwen (the pannenkoeken restaurant) today, and I will post a video of my bike trip there later. I had a bacon, apple, and cheese pancake, and it was incredible. I love mixing salty and sweet flavors like that. I sat on the outside porch, and watched sweet Dutch children run around and eat pancakes, and I saw many happy Dutch grandpas, with big white mustaches, lovingly chasing their grandchildren as they ran around and ate pancakes. It's such a wonderful, joyful place. So far, it's my favorite place in all of Utrecht. And soon to come, kayaking to this place! Because it's next to a river! And I know how to rent the kayaks now - Mary says the shop is right next to her house. So we're doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment