Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Sad Day of Sadness

So, I was really excited, because this weekend, I was going to go to Den Haag for this big "Day of the International Student," and finally get a chance to go to Madurodam, this huge Dutch tourist attraction, which is a giant bunch of miniatures representing all of Holland. It was expecially recommended to me by the kind folks at Mental Floss, so I was really, really excited to write a whole blog about my trip! Unfortunately, Madurodam is closed for rennovations until the end of March of next year. The good news is, I'll still be here at the end of March next year. I think visiting Madurodam might be something I decide to do with my family when they come to visit in May. Which I am SO excited for. :)

Anyway, I will still be going to the "International Student Day" and I will be learning awesome things like ice skating, clog painting, and traditional Dutch dances. So, I will still write about that. And when May rolls around, I will, at long last, write about going to the miniature city of Madurodam. Interestingly enough, one of the girls I interviewed last night is on the council for Madurodam, and told us all about what it's like to be on the budget commission for a miniature city. Isn't that so sweet!?

Till later, my fine fellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment