Thursday, January 19, 2012

A New Post Promise

Hello!! Well, now that I am back in Utrecht, as rosy-cheeked and ruby-lipped as ever, I will begin blogging again! I had a school visit today in a city in Holland called Emmen, it was much farther away than I anticipated, and I just got home, so the blog will not be written tonight (alas!) but probably this Saturday, when I've got some time. Also, okay, it's kind of a lie that I just got home from the Emmen visit. I kind of went shopping too. Which is completely legitimate, as I was buying pieces to an outfit I will be using when I give my KEYNOTE SPEECH to the Fulbright Center in Amsterdam for a conference they are having for high school counselors.

On another note, work in the lab has gotten much busier, and my schedule is getting so full I'm making appointments in March already. That blows my mind. It should blow your mind too.
 Minds = Blown.

Clement (my wonderfully nice Hong-Kong-born, LA-dwelling, Physicist Friend) and I went to Amsterdam last Saturday and had a right old time wandering around, doing some shopping, biking, going to see a silent film (that was very interesting), "accidentally" wandering into the Red Light District (Clement basically said, "Let's go to Amsterdam's China Town!" and do you know what's right next to Amsterdam's China Town? Yes, that's correct. The Red Light District), and eating a delicious, more-authentic-than-American-Chinese-food Chinese dinner.

So! I have some pictures of those things, and I will be sharing more details about them on Saturday. As the Dutch say, Tot zo!

2 comments: