Sunday, May 6, 2012

I am (happily) in the process of putting together a new blog post - I promise! I have done several exciting things recently, and I still have to tell you about my last day in London (mostly about my epic tea party), and pumping my Dutch tire, which was an adventure in and of itself, rest assured.

I have been to Antwerp:

They make chocolate in Belgium. Perhaps you've heard? Also beer. Also waffles.

I had my birthday:

It was a really good cake. Unfortunately, I sacrificed a toe to make it.

While making my birthday cake, I dropped a giant metal pot on my toe (warning, mildly yecky images!):



And then I went and saw some tulips. The tulips were much, much prettier than my mangled foot.


"Oh! I know! I will hide my toe in this ridiculously large wooden shoe thingees! That are clearly here for tourists to take pictures in!"


In the most recent and important news (I will talk about this in more detail later) I have decided to stay in the Netherlands for an extra month, till the end of June. It was a really, really tough decision, but it is to finish my data analysis. We will see if that goal actually gets accomplished, but I have the funding, and I've arranged all the details. Till the end of June then, eh?! Then I will have lived in the Netherlands for over 10 months. And that is not a short amount of time, my friends.

I wonder if it will be hard to re-integrate back into America. New adventures, new adventures. I'm glad I'm coming back in the summer, when people tend to be more free, and the weather is not so dreary.

I am excited to tell you about many things, including all of the adventures listed above! Till later, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. wow! Well, even though I knew all of this, it is still very exciting to hear it again and to see the pictures. I am looking forward to seeing more tulip pictures (and less toe pictures, thankyouverymuch). I know you want to stay another month there about as much as you want to drop a cast iron pot on your other big toe, so I just hope it goes quickly. It's not the lovely people you've met ... it's just being away from home for another month and living so far away in another culture, plus all the work that you're doing at the lab 7 days a week! Very hard, but very impressive. I really hope you get good news on a few things this week, Kelli, and that you have something to look forward to soon. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. recommended you read Full Report imp source go to website my response go

    ReplyDelete