Monday, May 28, 2012

Switzerland, Briefly

I went to Switzerland.

I learned a lot about myself, and what I want from my life, believe it or not. You wouldn't think you could change so much in one weekend, but, that's what being surrounding by wonderful, down-to-earth people, and incredible, breath-taking scenery will do to you. Paradise.

I've never seen anything so beautiful in my entire life.

I walked through fields of flowers in the shadow of a mountain - something I can now cross off my bucket list.

I hiked, up cliffs and over rivers, and I drank water from a stream in the Alps.

I climbed a mountain (Well, a peak called Brindley, but we're qualifying it as a mountain). It was more than 7,000 feet tall.

I ate fondue!

Helmut made some mischief with the staff of the hostel.

And then I went and spent half a day in Basel, which was nice, but to be fair, paled in comparison to being in the mountains.


I will tell you all about it soon! I am in the process of decompressing after a rather tumultuous weekend. And roughly 15 hours of hiking and walking!

Tot ziens, mijn lieven!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful pics and a very attractive lady. Just stumbled onto your blog and glad I did. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the rest of it, too!

    ReplyDelete